There are all types of way to lose weight, from crash diets to healthy eating, gym sessions to organic weight loss supplements. Read on for some of the best weight loss tips specifically for women.
1. Never skip a meal if you’re hungry. While you don’t want to force yourself to eat if you’re not hungry, skipping a meal for the sake of saving calories will only ensure that you eat more later on when you finally give it to the hunger pangs.
2. The time to start a new diet, or even a new way of eating, isn’t when you’re coping with more stress than you’re used to. Drastically changing your eating habits will just add stress to your existing stress, which is a good recipe for falling off the wagon before you know it.
3. Don’t get discouraged if it takes a while for the weight to come off. Even with diet and exercise, you may only lose at a rate of one to one-and-a-half pounds a week. That’s completely normal.
4. If you can’t commit to an hour at the gym every morning, just try to fit in some amount of exercise daily. Ten minutes of daily exercise is better than one hour for just one morning, and it’s certainly better than nothing at all.
5. Don’t cut too many calories in an effort to lose weight. You need to eat a minimum of 1,200 calories per day in order to keep your metabolism buzzing along as it should. If your metabolism slows because you’re not consuming enough food, you’re going to have an even harder time losing weight.
6. Avoid the grocery store when you’re hungry. You’ll find yourself reaching for the food you want most in the moment, which will tend to be high-fat, high-sugar foods that are far from diet-friendly.
7. Don’t beat yourself up over one slip. If you cheat for a meal or even an entire day, weekend or vacation, you can always get right back on track the second you want to. Losing weight is a process and you’re bound to hit some bumps in the road.
8. If you can’t bear to give up certain foods, vow to eat less of them. Whatever you normally eat of a certain type of food, portion out less than you’re used to.
9. Try your best to eat breakfast every day, even if it’s small or late in the morning. People who start with breakfast often eat less throughout the rest of the day.
10. If you want to feel full for longer, eat protein. Your body digests protein slowly, which means you’ll feel satisfied for longer.
11. Make sure to get plenty of sleep. When you’re sleep-deprived, you’ll reach for more food throughout the day to give you energy. Also, since you’ll be dragging, you’re more likely to reach for unhealthy foods.
12. If you’re eating packaged food, take out a portion first and then put the rest of the bag or box away. It’s easy to mindlessly eat from a big box of food without realizing how much you’re consuming or that you’re actually full.
13. Start every meal with a glass of water. It’ll fill you up and help you to eat less. Plus, you may find that you’re not hungry after all, you were really just thirsty.
14. Use small plates, which will give the illusion that you’re eating more than you really are.
Diet crazes will always come and go, but some weight loss tips work for the long run.